At Lourdes, we provide an exciting and stimulating inquiry-based learning program in our Preparatory year, allowing for the holistic development of children—educationally, socially, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
At Our Lady of Lourdes the Preparatory Year offers:
- An exciting, fun, inquiry-based curriculum
- Qualified, dedicated teachers and committed Support staff
- Close partnerships with parents, families and community
- Commitment to the growth and development of the whole child - spiritually, intellectually, physically, culturally, socially and emotionally
- A safe environment and caring community fostering the unique beauty of each child
- Integration within the wider school community enabling a smooth transition to year 1 and beyond.
The Prep Year continues on from your child's learning at home and at kindergarten, child care and Pre-Prep. The Australian Curriculum for the Prep Year is designed to provide the foundation that children need for success in later schooling.
Educational research has identified several factors that are connected with success at school.
- Social learning
- Health and physical development
- Language development
- Early literacy and numeracy understandings
- Ability to think and solve problems
- Imagination and creativity
- A positive approach to learning
In Prep, we provide experiences that allow children to interact with the world around them. We aim to provide a challenging and stimulating environment where differing learning styles are catered for through well-planned, developmental and sequential learning opportunities. Children want to try new things, test ideas and make their own conclusions about specific experiences. Therefore, the scope of learning at Prep ensures elements of active and creative work, recreation, interaction with peers and adults.
Our dedicated early years teachers are committed to providing the essential elements of an Early Years education. Parental involvement, solid Literacy and Numeracy foundations and a nurturing environment are all key components of our Early Years Education at Our Lady of Lourdes.
For more information regarding enrolment, please visit our Enrolment Information & Forms page.