Skip to main content
More pages in this section
Family and Community Engagement (FACE)
Why is Parent Engagement so important?
- Research shows that 'parents and carers are one of the most important influences on a child's education.
- When you are engaged in your children's education, your children are more likely to attend school and to perform better.'
- When families and schools work together, children are more likely to build good relationships and do better at school.
- Research also shows that any and all family involvement is beneficial, however, family engagement has the greatest benefit.
Principles which underpin Effective Engagement in Student Learning
- All families and schools want the best for their children
- All children have the right to the opportunity to reach their full potential
- Families are the first and continuing educators of their children
- Effective schools provide a nurturing and supportive learning environment
- Families and schools value quality teaching and respect teachers professional expertise
- Families and schools value the diversity of families and use this as a resource for building partnerships and communities
- Family-school partnerships are based on mutual responsibility, respect and trust.
- Leadership is critical to building, maintaining and renewing partnerships.
- Family-school partnerships improve student motivation and learning.
- Family-school partnerships strengthen the connections between schools and their communities.
- Partnerships can involve all organisations that support families and schools
What does FACE look like at Our Lady of Lourdes?
- No executive structure - ALL parents are automatically a part of FACE.
- We meet at the start of each term - Dates and times to be advised ahead of time.
- FACE focus areas include Catholic Identity, Engagement in Learning, Social Gatherings and Activities, Some fundraising opportunities (this is not a major focus).
- Welcome and Prayer
- Brief Principal’s reflection/report
- Feedback from parents about previous term
- Looking ahead to what’s coming up and how parents and families can be involved.
- Small working groups when required.
2023 Liaising Committee
- Toni Board
- Amber Lazzaroni
- Cassie Dametto